“We have different gifts that are consistent with God’s grace that has been given to us. If your gift is prophecy, you should prophesy in proportion to your faith. ” Romans 12:6 CEB
How can we worship God and help the body grow stronger? How do our Spiritual Gifts fit the needs of The First United Methodist Church of North Liberty body?
Not sure what your Spiritual gifts are? Spiritual Gifts: The United Methodist Church provides a link to a page on the United Methodist Church Website. There are many articles that will help as you explore your Spiritual Gifts, including The Spiritual Gifts Assessment.
- Worship Planning Contact: Regina Erickson at: email@example.com
- Audio Vision Team Contact: Dale and Sharon Ingle at: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Welcome/Hospitality Team: Judy Westlake at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Decorating Team: Elaine Hernandez at email@example.com
- Ushers Contact: Kara Adrian at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Liturgists Contact: Teresa Ellickson at: email@example.com
- Music Ministries are a huge part of our church. Please review the list below for more details as well as the personal contacts.
- Acabella: is our youth/adult bell choir. It is open to anyone 13 and older. Acabella meets on Monday evenings for practice, September – May, from 7:00 – 8:00 PM in the Sanctuary. Acabella plays bells regularly in our worship services, but also goes out into the community to play concerts. This group has met regularly for over 20 years. *On Hiatus due to COVID* Contact James Gaffy for more information.
- Children’s Choir: Children’s Choir is open to any child in grades Second to Sixth. We meet on Sunday mornings, September – May, from 8:45 – 9:00 AM, in the music room. The children sing in the 10:00 AM service on the 3rd Sunday of each month. *On Hiatus due to COVID*
- Chime Bar Choir: The Chime Bar Choir is open to any child in grades Second to Sixth. We meet for practice on Sundays, September – April, from 5:00 – 5:30 PM, in the Sanctuary. We play the chime bars. The group plays in our worship services as they prepare music. *On Hiatus due to COVID*
- Creation Kids Chime Bar Choir: This Chime Bar Choir is open to students in grades Second to Sixth who attend our Creation Kids After-School program. We meet for practices on Wednesday afternoons, September through March, in the sanctuary. Times vary each year. This group plays at the Creation Kids Christmas Program in December and then goes out into the community in March to perform. *On Hiatus due to COVID*
- Grace Notes: Grace Notes is our youth/adult vocal choir. It is open to anyone ages 13 and up who love to sing. We meet on Mondays for practice from September – May, 6:00 – 7:00 PM, in the music room. We sing in the 8:00 AM worship service. Periodically, we present a Cantata as a complete worship service. We also go out into the community to perform. *On Hiatus due to COVID*
- Mission Band: Mission is our adult worship band. It is joined by invitation as it is a year-round commitment and members need a strong musical background in vocal and/or instrumental music. Mission leads worship at our 10:00 AM contemporary service. Mission meets up for practice on Sunday evenings, from 6:00-8:00 PM, in the Sanctuary. Contact Crystal Danger for more information.
- Mission Blue Grass Band: Mission Bluegrass Band is a four-member group who meet as needed year-round at a member’s home. We play out in the community as an outreach ministry. Any money that is earned by the group is donated directly to the North Liberty Food Pantry. We have played at church services, area retirement facilities, farmer’s markets, Food Pantry events, individual events, and fundraising events. Booking Agent is Lynn Jansen. For more information, contact Lynn at: firstname.lastname@example.org